Saturday, October 12, 2013

The shadows of time.

OctPoWriMo 2013 Day 12.


The shadows of time
follow me
and I look back
to the times gone,
searching for those
unknown faces
in the known lands.

The shadows of memories
gone by wither me
and I shrink,
but all is not sad
for happy moments
cross by.

The shadows of mine
I look into the mirror
and talk to myself
touching the fine lines
on my face
reminiscing the times
long gone by.

The shadows of future
try to forlorn
but I look into it
with bright eyes.

4 comments:

Anna K. Stewart said...

"I look into the mirror
and talk to myself
touching the fine lines
on my face"

Very thoughtful poem, optimistic. This was my favorite part...thought it grounded the poem very well and I loved the image.

Annis Cassells said...

These lines struck me:
"searching for those
unknown faces
in the known lands."

Feels like I am looking the crowds over, too, when I read this.

Thank you.
xoA

payal agarwal said...

nice write..

Sunita said...

This is something very close to my heart. I take home these shadows along with me Philo :)