Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"Flash!" and it appeared.

OctPoWriMo 2013 Day 3


...and it suddenly appeared
one day,
just like a blob of cloud
in the pristine blue sky,
what made me write it
I still don't know why
and how?

may be it was the
jilted heart,
or the owlish moments,
or the passing thought
of a romantic,
I scribbled down
my first poetry,
at the mid hours
of a night.

Fond of Keats and Browning
as a child,
and the Lucy poems
above all,
but hated Frost,
the curves and turns
of his poems
made me nervous and cry,
the annotations,
the explanations
made me sigh.

never did I think I will write
but whatever it is
today I am proud
My first poem was
" A blob of Cloud".


Though I hated Robert Frost's poem as a child, later on" The road not taken" became one of my favourite poems.

11 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Love the last line :D

Shah X
http://wp.me/p2Mm4H-9b

Pratibha said...

oh , how much I loved readign this memory :)
amazing post !

btw , you have the first poem ??

TO TOUCH THE HORIZON said...

Pratibha thank you so much dear.

TO TOUCH THE HORIZON said...

Thank you Shah Warton

Lady Whispers said...

What a poetess you are
Such beauty in these words
And one can so feel it within.
Loved it :)

TO TOUCH THE HORIZON said...

@lady whispers...am so honoured by your words. Thank you.

seekingmeme said...

I am always interested in how varied individual tastes are in poetry, music, art, etc. I was a fan of Frost early on in my life, but not so much of Keats or Browning! Odd, isn't it? But that's why we are all needed as poets... because there's someone out there that needs to hear what we have to say in a way that only we can say it. Wonderful poem!

Morgan Dragonwillow said...

Your poem made me smile. "A blob of a cloud." Love it!

Ankit Sharma said...

Superbly Written. Loved the way its described. You are an amazing writer who writes flawlessly beautiful poetry.

payal agarwal said...

A sweet poetry that leave me with a smile..:)

Anonymous said...

Great poem.