Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Lily


a poem that inspired many a writes of mine is"the lily"written by my dear friend abhishek...this poem is a personal favourite of mine.So enjoy the read.

A soul sits white as death,
In the midst of a tear,
With solitude it did bathe,
Like a man, who lost his dear.

Perhaps its soul and heart wept,
Or they sang the songs of love,
Perhaps its eyes never slept,
Under the moon shining up above.

Beneath the cool singing breeze,

It lies still as a dead leaf,
Yet my heart gets joy and peace,
So o lily, please do forgive.


But o lily teach how can I learn,
For my mind drinks what I see,
As your loneliness always gets burned,

In your own grave of beauty.

1 comment:

Ilashree Goswami said...

As your loneliness always gets burned,
In your own grave of beauty.

Loved this line.....

Way to go .....
Its a treat for the unqencehd soul .