Friday, July 2, 2010

Time

‘It is only a month dear’

He said

‘Time will fly away in the flash

Of the eye’

I smiled at him

Thinking

It is only a month

Oh! Yes,

Only a month

Then I thought of the days

Of the hours,

Of the minutes,

And the seconds

And then of love

And of pain.

‘Funny it is only a month

And time will fly in the flash of the eye’

I said aloud

And then kept quite

He went on talking

About things I could do

Read, write poetry,

Watch movies

And so on and so forth…

His words were

Like a buzzing sound

Entering through the ear

Going straight to the mind

Disturbing,

Irritating.

He is in his so called

Practical world

And I

I am an illusionist

Living in my own world

Of love

Lost

In the days, hours, minutes and seconds…

And then there is time,

that flies away in the flash of the eye..

No comments: